- Senior Software Engineer at
- Lives in
- In a relationship
- Followed by 52 people
- How can a 16-year-old just vanish into thin air? Ruth was last seen at a beauty spot 23 years ago. Now a retired detective has uncovered a dark secret – and tantalising new clues
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/how-can-a-16-year-old-just-vanish-into-thin-air-ruth-was-last-seen-at-a-beauty-spot-23-years-ago-now-a-retired-detective-has-uncovered-a-dark-secret-%e2%80%93-and-tantalising-new-clues/ar-AAx2p5H?li=AAnZ9Ug5 peoples like this. 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Michigan police confident they've found the gravesite of girls missing for decades
MACOMB, Mich. -- Outside Detroit, investigators continue to search a wooded area where a suspected serial killer is believed to have buried his victims. Authorities say the suspect -- serving a life sentence for the murder of a 13-year-old -- recently bragged to fellow inmates about killing as many as seven girls decades ago.
A tireless search on the ground and from above have authorities confident they are close to solving a 40-year-old cold case. "We do have probable cause to believe that this is a gravesite," said Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer.
Police say they started searching here after convicted killer Arthur Ream boasted to fellow inmates that he killed several girls. They also say he failed a recent polygraph test related to the crimes.
One of the missing girls, Kimberly King, disappeared in 1979 when she was 12 years old. Her best friend, Annie Dunaca, was the last person to see her alive.
"It would be nice to start the healing process rather instead of the anxiety of the 'Where is she? Is she ok?'" Dunaca said.
In 2008, Ream led investigators to the remains of another missing girl buried in the area, 13-year-old Cindy Zarzycki. In an undercover video from Detroit station WDIV, Ream described where and how he buried Cindy's body.
"All she had to do was go up North Avenue," Ream said. "And it's right there."
"Now did you go pretty deep, or -- " the investigator asked.
"About four feet," Ream answered.
Authorities say they have little doubt Ream is responsible for the murders of up to seven girls. According to one court document, Ream "admitted to having a fetish for 13- and 14-year-old girls."
On Wednesday, Cindy's father, Ed Zarzycki, returned to the site where his daughter was found 10 years ago.
"I don't know if there's ever justice," Zarzycki said.
Kimberly King's family say they believe a podcast about the missing girls that ran in the fall prompted authorities to re-open the cold case. Investigators say they expect the search to take another two to five days.5 peoples like this. 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Ep.10 Sunday is Murder - Riddle Me This5 peoples like this. 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Ep.09 Home Murder - Riddle Me This0 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Fears grow for 14-year-old schoolgirl last seen boarding train in London
Police are desperately searching for a 14-year-old schoolgirl who went missing three days ago in London.
Suellen Crawt was last seen at 8.45pm on Wednesday boarding a train in Slade Green, south east London.
She boarded a service to Dartford but vanished soon afterwards.
Appeals have been shared on Facebook and Twitter thousands of times but to no avail.
The Sidcup schoolgirl is described as white, 5ft 7ins tall, of slim build with long brown hair.
She was wearing a black dress, black tights, a khaki green bomber jacket, light blue Nike trainers and might have been carrying a cream coloured bag.
She has previously spent time in Bromley, Croydon and Surrey.
A spokesman for The Met said: ‘Officers are increasingly concerned for her wellbeing and would urge anyone with information on her whereabouts to call police on 101 or Missing People on 116000.’3 peoples like this. 0 Comments 0 Shares
- Police searching for missing man Ian Foster have found a body on Whitefield Golf Club
Police searching for a missing Radcliffe man have found a body.
Emergency crews were called to Whitefield Golf Club on Tuesday afternoon after reports that a body had been found in water on the course.
Officers say they are no longer looking for Ian Foster, 48, although no formal identification has yet taken place. Mr Foster went missing almost three weeks ago.
Officers were alerted to a body just before 1.20pm on Tuesday.
They attended accompanied by the Underwater Search Unit and the body of a man was recovered, a GMP spokesman confirmed.
Mr Foster, of River Street, Radcliffe, was last seen on Higher Lane, Whitefield, at around 8.30am on Friday, March 16. Police launched a public appeal to find him, with relatives saying his disappearance was ‘completely out of character’ and they were ‘incredibly concerned’.
A GMP spokesman said on Wednesday: “Shortly before 1.20pm on Tuesday 3 April 2018 police were called to Whitefield Golf Club to reports that a body had been found in the river which flows through the course.
“Police attended accompanied by the Underwater Search Unit and the body of a man was recovered from the river. Enquiries into the man’s death are now ongoing.”
The entrance to the golf course is on Higher Lane, bordering Philips High School.
- Madeleine McCann detectives to get more funding to fund Operation Grange
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann will be given more funding for the search.
The Home Office has confirmed that the application from the Metropolitan Police for more money to fund Operation Grange – the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine – will be granted.
A spokesman said: ‘The Government remains committed to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
‘We have briefed the MPS that its application for Special Grant funding for Operation Grange will be granted.’
Government funding for the investigation has been agreed every six months, with £154,000 being granted from October last year until the end of March.
It is thought the latest round of funding will be as much as £150,000, the Daily Mail reported.
- Celebrating George Peabody: US Google doodle honours 'father of modern philanthropy' and namesake of famous awards
George Foster Peabody, the namesake of the famous awards, is today being honoured with a Google doodle in some parts of the world, including the US, Japan and Indonesia.
In fact, the doodle is based on a mural showing the American philanthropist surrounded by children that exists at the George Peabody Elementary School in San Francisco.
Peabody, who was born in July 1852 had his own education cut short by the American Civil War and instead went to New York to work at a general store. He spend his evenings at the YMCA Library, in what he described as his "alma mater".
Soon enough he became a partner in a successful investment firm and started making money.
Once he started to be successful, Peabody became a prominent philanthropist.
"During his life, Peabody immersed himself in social and political activism, with special focus on the promotion of education in the South," explained Google.
"In fact, it was on this day in 1867 that he was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal after donating $2,000,000 (roughly $36,000,000 today!) for the advancement of education, an act of generosity made all the more impressive by the fact that he left school at the age of 11."
Perhaps his most famous legacy is the George Foster Peabody Awards, which have been presented every year since 1941 to radio, television and web content that tells enlightening and powerful stories.
Originally described as the "Pulitzer Prize for radio", the awards have gone on to encompass all of broadcasting.
"By recognizing specific programming, the Peabody Awards spotlight instances of how electronic media can teach, expand our horizons, defend the public interest, or encourage empathy with others. Such excellent stories exist across genres and media types, and across regions and borders," said Dr Jeffrey P. Jones, the director of the awards.
- Russia’s string of warning tweets after telling Britain not to threaten a ‘nuclear power’
Russia has warned Britain not to threaten a ‘nuclear armed country’ as the row between the countries continues to escalate.
Maria Zakharova, a spokeswoman for the Kremlin, was quoted as saying ‘one should not threaten a nuclear armed country’.
And in a string of extraordinary tweets on Tuesday, the Russian Embassy hit back at the British Government.
It came after Theresa May said it was ‘highly likely’ Russia was behind the poisoning of former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury.
One tweet read: ‘It was stated that the actions of the UK authorities are a clear provocation and that the Russian Federation was not involved in the incident that took place in Salisbury on 4 March, 2018.’4 peoples like this. 0 Comments 0 Shares